Answered By: Reference Librarian
Last Updated: Jul 22, 2014     Views: 5

Hard copy (paper copies) of periodicals (journals and magazines) are shelved alphabetically just past the Reference Desk and the Reference Collection. Periodical titles from the current calendar year are on the right on the shorter shelves; bound periodicals for previous years are shelved on the left on the taller shelves.

If a sign on the bound periodical shelf directs you to microfilm, go downstairs and look for the periodical in the salmon-colored cabinets located to the right of the stairs around the corner. Microfilm readers are located in small rooms on the wall opposite the water fountain and rest rooms.

If you are looking for electronic copies of periodical articles, go to the Library home page and click on the "Journals" tab under the "Search & Find" heading. Type the name of the periodical in the Find eJournals search box. Links will be given if the periodical is available electronically.


Related Topics

More Ways to Contact Us


  Text: (401) 415-7051

  Call:  (401) 841-3052



Contact a Librarian